- Open Point and Log-in
- Search for, Select and Open your Client file
- Select document item(s) to be secured for delivery via email
- Change the “Output Option” to “Save as PDF File” (as pictured above)
- Be sure the “Print Option” is set to “Form with data”
- Click “Save As” and you will be prompted to enter a password (as pictured below)
- Save the documents in a folder location you are familiar with.
- Open your email. Create a new message. Address it to your client. Attach the password protected documents.
NOTE: Select a password that will be familiar to your client like their telephone number;
It would be a good idea to make a note in Point of the documents sent and password.
IMPORTANT: NEVER SEND SECURE DOCUMENTS AND PASSWORDS IN THE SAME EMAIL!
Send your attachment and a second email advising of the password